Welcome back to preschool and happy New Year! We hope everyone had a blessed Christmas. Parents, we appreciate and thank you for participating in our Christmas Party. We all had a great time! January 2019 will be full of fun activities for our students.
1 yr old classes: The one year old’s are focusing on the color blue, and the rectangle shape. This month’s Bible verse is “Do unto others as you would have then do unto you.” Matthew 7:12
Bible story: Zacchaeus. Artwork: snowman, polar bear, penguin, Zacchaeus.
2 yr old classes: The two year old’s are working with the color blue, shape rectangle and numbers 1-6. Their artwork includes Olaf snowman, red birds, penguins and melting snowmen and different types of winter themed art projects
3 yr old classes: The three year old’s are working on letters, H-I, the color gray, shape oval, and the numbers and 6. Look for artwork like a snowman, “H is for House” craft, “I is for igloo” craft and turning our #6 into a snail craft.
4 yr old class: The four year old’s are working on letters U,J,O,P, the number 10 and continuing working on patterns. This month they are introducing measuring and units of measurement.
Upcoming dates and reminders:
- Enrollment for the 2019-2020 school year is now open for current FUMC preschool students at a discounted rate. Registration will open to the public at Open House on February 19th.
- Ms. Deborah from the Mt Holly Public Library will visit us on the 10th and 11th.
- As a reminder, we will make-up our missed snow days on January 17th and 18th.
- We are finalizing summer camp details. Registration for summer camp opens on February 19th. Stay tuned for more information!
- February 7th is our Valentine’s Program for ages 3 and 4. Students report to classroom at 6:00 pm. Program begins at 6:30 in the sanctuary. More details to follow!